DEADLINE: JULY 31,2018
Eligible applicants include students pursuing an education in a STEM program or the child of a parent currently working in the following industries:
VOLT Lighting would like to extend a scholarship opportunity to students whose educational interests are in a STEM program or, to children of parents who work in a STEM industry. VOLT relies heavily on our team’s research, design, and technical knowledge to build durable, affordable, and quality products for our customers. To acknowledge our industry and partners, we’re happy to offer this bi-annual scholarship competition.
No Fee to Apply!
Eligibility Requirements Are as Follows
- Applicants must currently be applying to or enrolled in a STEM program, or be the child of a parent who currently works in a STEM industry.
- Applicants must have earned less than $35,000 in the previous calendar year.
- Applicants must have an active email address i.e. Yahoo, Gmail, AOL, etc.
- Applicants must either be a part-time or full-time student in high school or college.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 16 – 25.
Essay Topics to Choose From
VOLT Lighting is continually working to improve its quality, processes and services and we do so by considering the input of staff, partners and our valued customers. Our scholarship competition revolves around this same concept.
- Applicants will submit an original, high-quality essay pertaining to our landscape lighting line.
- How will your study in a STEM program contribute to your immediate or long-range career plans?
- Explain the importance of your STEM program in today’s society.
- What industry do you intend on working with your STEM program learning? What do you think that industry will be like in the next 10 years?
- What are the most important issues your field (or your parents’ STEM career field) is facing today?
- Describe a role model who inspired your interest in a STEM program.
Essay Writing Instructions
Each submission must be unique and written by you in your own words. It should be submitted in the form of a PDF or Microsoft Word document (i.e. PDF, .DOC, or .DOCX) and typewritten.
Application Submission Guidelines
Before submitting your essay, please review the submission guidelines to help ensure your submission is correct.
- Essay must be at least 800 words in length.
- Submit your essay Here.
- Your submission must include your full name, current GPA, your essay, your age, email address, and the name of your current high school, college or university. If you are a selected winner we will collect your mailing address at the time of notification.
- During the week following each deadline, monitor your email address. If your submission is selected as the winner you will be notified via email and provided instructions for receiving recognition and the scholarship award funds.
The scholarship is offered bi-annually from April 1 – July 31, 2018 and September 1 – December 31, 2018. There are two opportunities to apply per year with deadlines as follows:
- July 31, 2018
- December 31, 2018
Winner Selection Week
Winners are selected one week following each deadline. Winners will be notified via email and will receive the award via United States Postal Service. Winners will be provided a tracking number to track delivery of the award.