Under direct supervision, utilize engineering and scientific principles to perform technical and analytical studies. Provide assistance on projects that involve planning, application of equipment, construction, operation and maintenance of electric power system facilities. Incumbents in this position are responsible for assisting in and/or the performance of the following duties, or duties of a similar nature, under direct supervision.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS are listed below:
- Update, maintain and index engineering records and files.
- Diagnose performance and failure of operational equipment.
- Perform electrical testing on substation equipment.
- Troubleshoot AC/DC circuits
- Perform calculations and detailed engineering studies using scientific calculations and the computer system.
- Prepare cost estimates.
- Prepare memoranda, reports and make presentations.
- Visit System and supplier facilities for inspections and tests.
- Become familiar with Company organization, departmental functional responsibilities, and group interrelationships.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education requirements are listed below:
- Completion of freshman year in a 4-year engineering program that has been recognized by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
Physical demand level is Sedentary