Responsible for supporting company commitment to sustainability by researching and experimenting with opportunities to develop products for the pet food industry. Works closely with Quality Assurance and R&D teams to find new uses for seafood byproducts and rest materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Duties include but not limited to:
- Be a role model in projecting and applying The Pacific Group Diamond
- Philosophy (Productivity, Quality, Excellence and Teamwork) and promote teamwork at all times.
- Collect and test samples
- Analyze data and conduct in-process monitoring of results
- Prepare and submit reports as requested
- Conduct line level problem analyses
- Assist in refining best management practices for labs including sanitation, chemical handling, and sampling in conjunction with Warrenton team
- Seek continuous improvement for food safety and quality programs, and respond to any non-conformities
- Prepare project overview and present findings to executive leadership
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to successfully perform the job.
Education and Experience
- Pursuit of an undergraduate or graduate degree
- Degree in food or animal science
- Demonstrated understanding of chemistry, food technology, and/or animal nutrition.
- Must have experience simplifying complex information and presenting to diverse audiences
- Targeted graduation of June 2021 or earlier
- Pursuit of a graduate degree in food or animal science
Housing available, if needed.
Pacific Seafood is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.