At U.S. Bank, Elavon’s is seeking a full-time software product user experience (UX) design/development intern. They offer a highly competitive salary and a flexible work environment allows for creativity and a fun at work. This is a summer internship and is based in Atlanta, GA. The opportunity is open to enthusiastic individuals with a strong academic background and a proven capacity for understanding new technologies.
- Candidate must be pursuing a bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science, DM/CM, HCI or technology-related field, including:
- 1+ year of Mac/iOS and/or Android Java design and/or development
- Exposure to and demonstrated proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals – OO development, data structures, algorithm – design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis
- Agile (e.g. SCRUM) and or LEAN software development lifecycles & methods
- Ability to write high-performance, reusable code for UI components.
- Experience using Git or other source code version control systems.
- Ability to obtain and maintain work authorization in the country of employment (USA)
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication
- Passion for design best practices, principles of interaction design, and continuous learning
- Passion for test driven development and defensive programming, performance debugging and benchmarking.
- A curiosity of user behavior and the man-machine experience
- A customer-focus mindset
- An ability to be meticulous with details and see the bigger picture at the same time;
- An ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team in an agile development environment.
- Application design, architecture
- Modeling: data, process, events, objects
- Information management
- Web protocols
Working experience in:
- Change control (GIT, SVN, SCM)
- IT standards, procedures, policy governance
- Application testing
- System testing
- Application maintenance
- System development life cycle
- Application development tools
The internship provides a highly competitive salary and a flexible work environment allows for creativity and a fun at work.