The Wayne Farms Internship Program provides student's an opportunity to apply academic knowledge and skills in a professional environment while promoting the student's career goals. Interns are assigned projects with clear objectives and deliverables that have a significant business impact within the sponsoring functional area. You will work with teams and experts in the poultry and food industry while applying your knowledge to real-world business situations.
I.T. Project Summary:
Document system requirements, and then design and recommend process flows; roles and responsibilities for customer and supplier complaints; and the design of supplier scorecards for optimal performance.
Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Weekly Assignments - providing learning objectives and business specific deliverables.
- Mentor/Project Sponsor Feedback - providing personal and professional development opportunities.
- Project Presentation - formal presentation required at the end of the internship project and is presented to peers, management and senior leaders within the organization.
- Work hard and strive to understand the business while making significant contributions to a team.
- Gain basic understanding of all aspects of your assigned facility.
- Duration: 12 week internship beginning mid May; however, may be modified depending on student's availability.
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college as a rising junior, senior or enrolled in a post-graduate program, and majoring in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or similar degree program in technology.
- Must possess a strong academic record.
- Leadership, initiative, and high ethical/moral standards will be weighted heavily.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Analytical skills with the capability to research data and discuss possible solutions.
- Ability to work independently and cross-functionally.
- Ability to be flexible, working non-standard shift hours to collect data and occasionally perform overnight travel.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.