Slater and Gordon is a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal & complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Data Protection Assistant to join our expanding Data Protection and Assurance Team in Manchester . This is a newly created role and your opportunity to make a real impact to ensure compliance of all Subject Access Requests across the business in accordance to Data Protection Law. T
- Acting as first point of contact for the processing of all subject access requests.
- Ensuring responses are accurate, compliant and timely.
- Providing advice on whether information should be disclosed or refused in compliance with the relevant legislation
- Responding to requests ensuring that all correspondence and associated disclosures are timely, accurate and compliant with legislation, regulations and policies.
- Escalation to Data Protection Advisor where a disclosure relates to sensitive matters.
- Liaising with external stakeholders from where the material originates so as to ensure that their concerns about disclosure are taken into account.
- Ensuring accurate and comprehensive records are kept of requests, responses
- An awareness or Data Protection Law
- An understanding of subject access requests would be beneficial
- Highly-organised with the ability to manage a significant workload
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good analytical skills
- Ability to build strong relationships across the business
- Detailed understanding and working knowledge of the Microsoft packages specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Proficiency using technology to enhance working practices
What we offer in return:
In return we offer a competitive salary with market leading benefits, a positive and inviting work environment, exposure to industry specialists and the fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award winning law firm.