American Society of Heating, Refrigerating, and Air-Conditioning Engineers, Inc. is glad to offer ASHRAE High School Senior Scholarship. The scholarship is available undergraduate students enrolled full-time in their first year of college in a pre-engineering, engineering, or engineering technology program. The scholarship provides financial assistance to achieve the educational goal.
- Award Amount: $3,000
- Deadline: May 1, 2018
- Winner Announcement: Not Known
In order to be eligible to enter:
- Undergraduate students enrolled full-time in their first year of college in a pre-engineering, engineering, or engineering technology program leading to a bachelor’s degree in a course of study that traditionally has been a preparatory curriculum for the HVAC&R profession.
- Applicants must be accepted at a post-secondary educational institution that meets one of the following criteria:
- The institution hosts a recognized ASHRAE student branch ASHRAE Student Branches
- The program is accredited by the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET) or the Partnership for Air-Conditioning, Heating, Refrigeration Accreditation (PAHRA)
- The program is accredited by an agency outside the USA that is a signatory of The Washington Accord or The Sydney Accord.
- The program is accredited by an agency that has a signed Memorandum of Understanding with ABET.
You will be required to submit the following:
- Official transcript of high school grades. The transcript must be mailed. Photocopies will not be accepted.
- Letter of admission to a post-secondary educational institution
- Three signed letters of recommendation as follows: one from an instructor or school advisor, one from a current or past employer, and one from another character reference (other than a family member).