Please note, this internship is located in Ave Maria, FL and is not benefit eligible. The ideal candidate will be available to start in Spring 2020.
To develop skills such as preparing materials for analysis and testing per Quality System Requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create reagents and materials necessary for Laboratory tests
- Perform tests and assays as required per established procedures
- Assist with Laboratory maintenance and cleaning
- Provide contributors with research information and updates
- Maintain sample receipt and log in database
- Assist in maintaining the Biological Safety Laboratory systems and documentation
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- Progress towards a college degree with a major in Biology, Microbiology, Chemistry or Science required.
- Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
- Basic to intermediate computer skills. Be able to follow written and verbal direction.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
- PC; Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook; PowerPoint; Word and Excel. Fax; Scanner.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Nearest Major Market: Naples