Founded in 1917, Parker Hannifin Corporation is a $14.3 billion, global company. With annual sales of $14.3 billion in fiscal year 2019, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 63 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index. Parker’s engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies uniquely positions the company to solve some of the world’s greatest engineering challenges. By partnering with customers, Parker improves their productivity and profitability and seeks new ways to solve humanity's biggest challenges.
Department Marketing Statement
Parker Aerospace is a global leader in the research, design, integration, manufacture, certification, and lifetime service of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, lubrication, and pneumatic systems and components for aerospace and other high-technology markets. The company supports the world’s aircraft manufacturers, providing a century of experience and innovation for commercial and military aircraft.
- The Intern will primarily be working in the Engineering Design, Process and Manufacturing arena.
- Work with our product line Manufacturing Engineers, Quality Engineers and Supply Chain Design and Quality Engineer to support our plans/projects to reduce “Firefighting” burden on our Operations
- Learn about Problem Solving Methods and have the opportunity to apply the method and utilize his/her engineering knowledge
- Investigate and present product improvement opportunities from an ideal list from the field, our customers and internal data. He/she will work with a small PI&R (Product Improvement and Retrofit) Strike team to identify PI&R projects to increase sales assuming the business case is justified
- Work on streamlining the D&PFMEA (Design and Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis) process es-pecially Error Proofing or Poke Yoke
- Work on and support efforts in Automation and Robotics (Assembly, Test and Mfg. Processes)
- Work on improving our processes in ZDP (Zero Defect Program)
- Work on Innovation Events and support the Core Team Members on their 3 Month Project
- Work on Manufacturing Engineering projects that are tied to minimizing what we call “Firefighting” in Opera-tions. The intern will be involved in learning and using Problem Solving Methods to reduce “Firefighting”
- Provide support in the Product Automation and Robotics (Test and Assembly arena)
- Provide support in the Engineering PI&R, which involves down selection from a master list, work on the Con-cept and Feasibility Phase to justify a Business Case and work with both the Customer Service Organization (CSO) and the Field Representatives
- Provide support in both the Design and Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis process including Error Proofing or Poke Yoke
- Acquire knowledge and provide support in the Advance Technology arena (Automation and Robotics) for FSD
- Learn and work on ZDP (Zero Defect Program) from a Process perspective with the Engineering Processes Team
- Enrolled in engineering course work at an accredited university, in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering.
- Completed at least 2 years of college coursework with a minimum GPA of 3.0.
- Strong mechanical (hands-on) aptitude
- Able to demonstrate Creativity or Idea generation examples
- CADD Knowledge (SolidWorks knowledge)
- Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio & Project Knowledge – Nice to know)