You will provide a very high standard of laboratory work that supports the requests of technical and sales teams. In addition, the position is designed to create opportunity to gain experience in our laboratory at the Manchester site so that you develop a broad understanding of our chemistry and testing techniques. You will also be taught to formulate products from the ground up.You will develop technical and business knowledge to build a solid foundation for your future career. You will be given the opportunity to train at a level that matches your technical experience as you progress through the Apprenticeship.The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate good attention to detail, a flexible approach to their work and be an open communicator.What you will be doing:
- Learning through our development programme and appointed mentors
- Providing support to tactical and strategic projects across LPA Business unit
- Building your knowledge and practical skills to be an effective contributor
- Demonstrating the capabilities, you have learnt to further enhance the programme
- Develop and grow a project management and communication mindset
- Provide your thoughts and ideas on topics when opportunities arise
- Look for opportunities to continuously improve safety, quality and efficiency
Start date isn’t not fixed and could be changed dependant on availability.
Requirements and prospects
- Eagerness to learn and develop in different parts of laboratory practices
- Be comfortable with and interested in working within a laboratory
- Good written and verbal communication skills, including telephone skills
- Accurate data entry skills and keen attention to detail
- Good general organisational skills, including planning and prioritisation
- A good working knowledge of Microsoft packages, including Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate, a flexible approach to their work and be an open communicator.
- You must have or be on track to achieve 3 A-levels (one being Chemistry) or equivalent, at grades B/C/C or a minimum of 104 UCAS tariff points
- Have a minimum of grade C/4 in GCSE maths and English
None specified, to be discussed.
Things to consider
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
Experience level of the applicant we want
College / Sixth form, High School