This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy.
Our Technology Professional / Sr Technology Professional are a multi-level posting. Selection will be dependent upon the candidate’s knowledge, skills, competencies and experience.
PSEG Nuclear Application Support department is looking to fill several openings located in Hancocks Bridge, NJ. This position reports to the Manager Applications Solutions and will work closely with Business Analysts and Group Product Managers to understand the business requirements that drive the analysis and physical design of technical solutions . Also will be involved in the full systems life cycle and responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing and supporting application software and systems.
This position provides opportunity to be involved several product developments and will:
- Learn to execute projects through the PSEG’s Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and CMMI inclusive of identifying, specifying and analyzing business requirements and processes and managing progress throughout the application design, test and implementation process using Agile and 2 Pizza concepts.
- Work with Product teams in Two Pizza Team approach similar to Amazon product development and CICD model.
- Develop and implement process improvements, Next Best Actions, Automation opportunities, and Pro-active communications for customer care applications.
- Become a subject matter expert (aka Product Consultant) for technical and solution architectures.
- Configure, Design, Develop using Visualforce, Apex, API, SOQL, Workflows, MuleSoft, and other development tools provided by PSEG
- Analyze end-user needs and designs, develop and test software to satisfy demand. Perform build versus buy analysis for business demands.
- Partner with Business Analysts to translate business requirements to application requirements. May evaluate existing applications and platforms and provide recommendations for improving application performance by conducting gap analysis, identifying feasible alternative solutions, and assisting in the scope of modifications.
- Create process flowcharts, diagrams, and other related documentation; Develop technical workflows using different modeling techniques.
- Collaborate with enterprise architects and infrastructure to integrate applications and hardware.
- Ensure that the design and application implementation meets security and QA standards. Suggests fixes to issues by doing a thorough analysis of root cause and impact of the defect.
- Analyze application reports to ensure that the functionality and performance meets all product and service level requirements.
- Code applications using a disciplined development process. Works on coding tasks that require skills in multiple technical environments and knowledge of a specific business area.
- Provide daily support with resolution of escalated tickets. Apply operation break fixes and other proactive maintenance activities until permanent solutions can be implemented. Supports and participates in the software deployment process for new modules, upgrades and fixes to the production environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or Information Sciences preferred, or relevant experience.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Level of experience required ranges from internship to 4 years of relevant experience within the IT industry with reliance on technical expertise
- Overall strong technical proficiency in information technology/computer disciplines
- Strong MS Office skills (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access)
- Programming Experience working with or related coursework .NET, HTML, SQL, Java, Java scripting, Ajax, NODE.JS, JQuery, REST API’s, Angular or Object Oriented Design,
- Self-starter with the demonstrated ability to learn new technical concepts quickly.
- Detail oriented and demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with clients, IT management and staff.
Required Additional Information :
This position is a member of the PSEG Nuclear Application Support team and the candidate must:
- Be available for 24X7 coverage for Nuclear application support when needed.
- Be available for assignment for 24X7 scheduled coverage during for Nuclear refueling outages.
- Be able to fulfill and maintain PSEG Nuclear requirements for unescorted access to PSEG Nuclear plants.
- Be able support PSEG Nuclear Emergency Preparedness program drills and events
- Be able fulfill the requirements for access to 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control information.
- Be able to obtain Amazon Web Services (AWS) certification
- Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Experience developing business process flows and soliciting business requirements
- Knowledge of Agile development and project management
- Able to write software code in both web and client/server environments using the following examples:
- Software Languages: Java, .Net, C, C++, HTML, XML, SQL, VBA
- Operating Systems: Windows, Linux
- Relational Databases: SQL Server, Oracle, Aurora, Postgres, MongoDB
- Experience designing graphical user interfaces using graphical design tools (e.g. Photoshop, MS Visio)
- Relevant certification is preferred such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.