Jacobs is recruiting an Analyst to join the team in Birchwood on a contract for 3 months as a summer placement.
Jacobs nuclear business supports customers in the energy generation, new build, decommissioning and defence sectors.
Our nuclear business has offices in Knutsford and Birchwood in Cheshire, Gloucester, Dorchester, Harwell, Glasgow, Newcastle, Bristol, Cumbria, Reading and London. We also have a strong international presence to support our growing operations in France, Slovakia, Czech Republic, Poland, South Africa and Japan.
Our reputation for safely delivering quality projects on time and on budget is well recognised in the industries we serve. We have proven expertise in managing large, complex projects, a global reach and long-standing UK presence, strong relationships with our clients and cutting-edge processes and technologies.
What that means to you is the opportunity to experience a real variety of projects, working with people from different backgrounds. You'll work closely with our clients and committed to achieving outstanding results in a stimulating and quality-driven environment.
An Analyst is responsible for delivering work in a specific laboratory area to time, quality and budget. This will normally involve day to day management of their work.
- To help ensure that tests are performed to acceptable timescales, to the required quality standards and in accordance with health and safety requirements
- Contribute to more effective working methods to improve efficiency
- Effective use of time available
- Become familiar with the requirements of the Analytical Services quality system
- Working towards a degree in a science related subject is preferred
Job specific experience:
- Experience in laboratory work
- Exposure to chemistry
- Energy and enthusiasm
- Able to handle both routine tasks and be an agile learner
- Excellent communicator
- Generate trust and credibility
- Focus on safety standards and behaviours
- Work effectively across Analytical services