Applies basic foundation of a function's principles, theories and concepts to assignments of limited scope. Uses professional concepts and theoretical knowledge acquired through specialized training, education or previous experience. Develops expertise and practical knowledge of applications within business environment. Acts as team member by providing information, analysis and recommendations in support of team efforts. Exercises independent judgment within defined parameters.
Responsibilities: This Competitive Intern position will involve:
- Collaborates with Print Competitive Insights team and takes ownership of a competitive technical project with clear benefits to the business.
- Deliverables that communicate competitive information to our stakeholders
- Opportunity to present end of internship project to HP Managers
Education and Experience Required:
- 3rd or 4th year University Student pursuing a major in Mechanical, Electrical, or other Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience or understanding of appropriate engineering design tools and software packages.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Basic understanding of material properties and hardware and electrical component design.
- Good written and verbal communication skills; mastery in English and local language.
- Is a self-starter who can understand what needs to be done, ask clarifying questions, and take initiative
- Ability to concentrate, read and study subject matter and convey summaries to others
- Ability to work with a degree of ambiguity and build cross-functional collaboration
- Strong knowledge and experience using Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word