Personal and Corporate Banking (PCB) Technology is a global team of more than 5000 Technology and Change employees that support our Personal and Corporate Banking business. Based around the world from Australia to Japan to Switzerland, we are responsible for delivering an effective end-to-end Technology service for PCB and driving digital simplification and mass automation. We are also responsible for delivering highly resilient and scalable technology services across PCB, extending across all of our technology platforms and providing a 24/7 service for our customers and colleagues.
As a Mobile Gateway Java Developer, you’ll be working on the Leading Pingit Mobile App as part of the Mobile Payments team building new features, working collaboratively alongside Solution architects, technical designers, and Proposition Managers.
What will you be doing?
- Becoming an acknowledged expert in their technical field with significant experience of the techniques and tools being used across the development lifecycle
- Working across multiple phases of software development within a project as team leader or dealing with the most technically challenging assignments
- Coding and unit testing the most complex software components for new or enhanced IT systems to a high level of quality
- Building an expert level awareness of relevant software design techniques, development tools and processes
- Collaborating with other Software Developers working in the Scrum model
- Creating and amending complex programmes in accordance with the design, following relevant code management procedures and applying agreed coding standards
What we’re looking for:
- Experience of delivering code using Java either within the working environment or internship/placement
- Has a passion to learn and further skill set in development
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Good Knowledge of the “Devops” tools – Jenkins and Nexus would be advantageous
Where will you be working?
- We are set in the beautiful countryside of Knutsford, and have lots to on offer to our employees including: Dress down code every day, an onsite gym, remote working, Starbucks, family fun days, Astro turf, Tennis courts and much more. We also offer a free shuttle bus service from Knutsford train station to the site in the morning and from the site back to the train station in the evening.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.