You will be working on projects for a wide range of Clients in the Water and Environment Industry across the UK. Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with multi-disciplinary teams to deliver projects within agreed timeframes and budgets and to exceed our clients’ expectations.
- Work as part of a team being involved in a variety of projects including model build and verification, using existing or new models to understand system performance and using the model to help the design of system improvements and enhancements to the Wastewater Network ensuring technical excellence and best practice to specification
- Undertake the development of modelled engineering solutions to mitigate the effects of development, to solve sewer flooding and to address unsatisfactory overflows.
- Provide technical guidance and support to junior modelling staff
- Supervise asset and flow surveys and field investigations.
- Plan, programme, co-ordinate and write reports for specific projects.
- Driving health and safety in all aspects of our projects.
- Communicating and liaising effectively with colleagues, contracting engineers, subcontractors, sub-consultants and clients.
- Assist with the preparation of cost estimates for modelling, project design and construction.
- Support the management and Project Manager to ensure the successful delivery of robustly defined technical solutions
- The successful candidate will be required to demonstrate the following:
- Working knowledge of using GIS tools ((MapInfo, ArcGIS)
- Proven ability within the water industry with a focus on wastewater network solutions
- Demonstrable experience of wastewater modelling software such as InfoNet, and InfoWorks CS / ICM, including model build and verification, survey supervision and optioneering/design of solutions (e.g. DG5 solutions).
- Familiar with current industry best practice and able to actively contribute to innovation in this field of expertise
- Customer Focus
- Situational Adaptability
- Strategic Mindset
- Drives vision & purpose
- Cultivates Innovation
- A Global Mindset and demonstrated ability to work across cultures and remotely with our Global Integrated Delivery teams
- Working towards Chartered status
- Demonstrable knowledge in 2D modelling.
- Proven ability in the outline design of wastewater schemes; sewage pumping systems and treatment facilities.
- Working knowledge of contract types and procurement options.
- Ensuring project financial and schedule performance.
- Demonstrable knowledge of supporting tendering procedures and putting together proposals.
Qualifications & Abilities:
- Minimum of a Civil Engineering Degree (NFQ Level 8), or similar relevant Degree.
We’re invested in you and your success. Our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. By supporting one another and through our culture of caring, we all succeed. The biggest questions spark our curious minds. We clear the way for inventive thinking and exploration, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. We redefine what’s possible. There’s something that drives everyone – and we want you to keep evolving your career, discover unexpected opportunities and ensure you can deliver on tomorrow.
At Jacobs we see safety differently - we strive to go ‘BeyondZero’ by putting the health, safety and well-being of our employees first in everything we do.
We are committed to equality across our business and we work with external organisations such as STEM, WISE (Women in Science & Engineering) and Stonewall . We are also Disability Confident Committed ; therefore, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy.
We encourage applications from candidates looking for flexible working or reduced hours’ contracts. Please also bear in mind that you do not need to meet 100% of the Essential Criteria to be considered for a position with Jacobs.
When you join Jacobs you will have access to a wide range of Global Networks , centred on inclusion and diversity which is the foundation of our business and at the centre of our values.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.
JACOBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer who is committed to the safety and wellbeing of all.