We are constantly looking to add to our core talent. If you are seeking a career that is challenging and rewarding, a work environment that is diverse and dynamic, look no further — Haemonetics is your employer of choice.
This is an exciting opportunity to develop market leading products and solutions that enable healthcare professionals to both improve patient care and economic outcomes in critical settings. Examples of work include modifying high volume injection molded components and bonded extruded assemblies used in single use disposables. We are looking for an intern to assist in the research and development of new disposable designs, including early prototype testing, component fabrication through machining and 3D printing, test method development and execution, and design control documentation and reporting. If you are seeking an internship experience that is challenging and rewarding, look no further.
- This role will interface directly with senior product development engineers in R&D supporting new and existing product development
- Function as a member of the R&D team by providing design inputs, testing multiple design iterations and compiling and presenting results to peers
- Optimize plastic component designs, establish test criteria, perform verification/validation testing, and document findings
- Translate plastic product requirements into design specifications and applications. Interface with customers, suppliers, application users, and other technical and support personnel to support R&D efforts.
- Learn and apply standards, processes, policies, practices, techniques, and tools throughout the product/system development lifecycle
- Work under close supervision, learn and apply plastics engineering theory, methods and techniques
- Perform design and engineering project support in a participatory and structured atmosphere. Provide team/project service and support. Build plastic products, coordinate methods and processes, develop test protocols, perform software testing and analyses, and write technical reports.
- Learn business fundamentals, and leverage creative skills with understanding of policies, procedures, and project and operational goals and priorities by executing assigned work with quality, accuracy, and timeliness.
- Solve device and disposable challenges using engineering principles, tools, and methods. Collect data through observation and experiments to validate hypotheses
- Clearly document and communicate technical findings and recommendations with multi-disciplinary team members
- Bachelor's Degree in Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering or related discipline in progress; second or third year students preferred