We’re looking for an organised, positive and flexible Finance Graduate to join us in this new role!
Your purpose will be to provide scope and complete UAT of Cognos reports developed for the Finance Function. You will redevelop in-house Finance reports and provide analytical support to aid and guide decision making within the Retail network and other functions within the business.
With your ability to learn quickly, and plan and deliver results without fail you will gain valuable experience and thrive in this new role!
With almost 800 stores and over 7000 dedicated employees, we are the UKs largest independent pharmacy chain. Customer care is at the heart of everything we do and as we continue to grow at an incredible rate, exciting opportunities are being created for people like you to join our team.
What you'll do
- Support the Data Programme with testing, data definition and report/dashboard development
- Required to build, maintain and update Cognos BI reports
- To manage small to medium size projects with guidance when required
- Establish data sources within the business and work with the data team and wider finance to put in place the ideal data structures and reports to provide accurate, consistent, robust, connected and secure MI
- Redefining and redesigning current reports and streamlining processes where necessary
- Producing and reviewing monthly MI packs to be sent out to various stakeholders
- Responding to and investigating Queries with insightful outputs
- To support the Senior Finance Business Partner in the Consolidation of annual budgets / Forecasts and providing analysis/supporting schedules to aid decision making.
- Work with data to provide new insight to the business to support strategic direction
- Ad hoc analysis/support to the wider team as projects arise.
Problem Solving & Change
- Analyse the data trends and statistics to establish ineffective or inefficient business or system processes
- Tackle issues and propose/deliver solutions
- Translate statistical data into easily understood graphical formats
- Applying commercial understanding to reporting & analysis, aligning to delivering
Key knowledge and skills required for the role:
- Cognos/TM1/SQL or other Business Intelligence System Knowledge Preferred but not mandatory
- Keen to investigate & learning new technologies, enthusiastic and curious in your approach to seeking solutions
- Analytical and ability to manipulate large big data sets
- Good communication skills with an ability to convey technical / data concepts to a non-technical audience
In return we can offer you:
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent training & development opportunities
- Paid Holidays
- Workplace pension scheme
- Staff Discount
- Travel Loans and more…
If you want to help us with our purpose, of looking after people’s most precious thing, their health and wellbeing, and you're keen to progress your career with a business that's going to disrupt the market, then join us.
We reserve the right to close this vacancy in advance of the closing date.