Gain manufacturing experience through working with Engineers, Operations and Management while completing determined projects and applying education
Who We Are
Dyno Nobel is a global leader in the commercial explosives industry. We provide innovative blasting solutions and quality explosives products throughout North America, Australia and selected customers in the Asia Pacific.
Join us in everything that’s great about Dyno Nobel: OUR culture, OUR values, OUR commitment to safety and most importantly our PEOPLE. This combination makes Dyno Nobel a terrific place to work.
Dyno Nobel is a subsidiary of Australian based Incitec Pivot Limited. IPL's 4500 employees also manufacture and market industrial chemicals and fertilizer products & services to customers around the world.
What You’ll Do
Reporting to the Superintendent, you will gain manufacturing experience through working with Engineers, Operations and Management while completing determined projects and applying education. Other duties will include:
- Demonstrate and/or lead the commitment to the pursuit of achieving Zero Harm through behavioral based safety. (Ensure SAO, JSA, Take 5’s, stretching, and all safety rules are being completed.)
- Ensure compliance with applicable Company HSE Performance Standards, as well as applicable acts and regulations.
- Live and foster the IPL Corporate Values.
- Participate in BEx initiatives and activities
- Works with the operations team on a daily basis to learn and understand how the plant operates
- Spends time understanding the business while being mentored by assigned manager and Senior Engineer
- Involvement with researching and design of projects
- Participate in daily tier meetings as well as problem solving activities and events
- Collaboration with Operations, Management and Engineering staff to complete given tasks
- Present on projects and learnings from internship at the end of the internship program
What We’re Looking For:
- Currently enrolled in B.S. degree for mechanical, electrical or chemical engineering
- Completion of 2 years of University required
- Experience in a manufacturing or chemical plant setting is preferred
- In addition to basic engineering classes, any additional studies in mathematics, engineering, management, economics or business would be an asset although not necessarily a prerequisite.
- Computer literacy in: Microsoft Office Suite and SAP PM or equivalent
- Positive attitude, friendly demeanor, and a team player
What We Offer:
- Health benefits
- Friendly and supportive coworkers