Transport Specialist Support Air & Ocean, Manchester
Who are we?
Syngenta is one of the world’s leading agriculture companies. Our ambition is to help safely feed the world while taking care of the planet. We aim to improve the sustainability, quality and safety of agriculture with world class science and innovative crop solutions. Our technologies enable millions of farmers around the world to make better use of limited agricultural resources. With 28,000 people in more than 90 countries we are working to transform how crops are grown. Through partnerships, collaboration and The Good Growth Plan we are committed to improving farm productivity, rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
We are now recruiting a Transport Specialist Support to work in our Logistics and Order Management team based in our Global Operations Centre in Manchester.
The Transport Specialist Support will report to the Global Logistics Operations Manager and support the Global Logistics Operations team in daily tasks associated with Global Modes transport – Sea, Air and Tank movements
Joining our team you will support Sea/Air Transport specialist in quote preparation, operational reporting, analytics, and procedure governance and support our Tank Specialist in managing the global ISO-Tank fleet, including relationship management, financial control, fleet management
Acting as co-ordinator for Global and Regional teams, this role will give you a wide scope visibility in the logistics department
You will be a great fit with the following knowledge:
- Basic knowledge of Air & Ocean transport having dealt with international operators (forwarders and/or carriers) at global level.
- Experience in the transportation of Dangerous Goods - IMDG, ADR & RID, as appropriate an advantage
- Good knowledge and practices of MS office with a particular advanced know how and practices on Excel and/or Access
- Sense of urgency, balanced, with sense of priorities
- A-Level or equivalent in a commercial/ business or technical subject
- Fluent in English, both orally and in writing
- Logistics experience
Experienced to be gained in the job:
- Sea freight transport and pricing processes
- Airfreight transport and pricing processes
- Overland transport and pricing process
- Logistics Operational analytics
- Basic financial analytics
- 4PL management
- Full time role based in Manchester
- Competitive salary and benefits scheme
- 31.5 annual holidays
Syngenta is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.