The Siemens Government Technologies Internship Program enables college students to explore stimulating career possibilities in the government contracting environment. As an intern of Siemens Government Technologies, you will be given individual and group assignments that are designed to provide you with experience in a corporate environment and develop your business acumen.
Siemens Government Technologies is looking for an energy engineer intern that will focus on supporting the development and execution of building and campus wide infrastructure improvement projects that save the federal government energy while providing improved operation resiliency. The candidate can expect a mixture of on-the-job and real world exposure developing large supply and demand side energy and infrastructure projects for the Federal Government. Successful candidates will demonstrate our leadership principles: a bias for action; partner-centricity; flexibility; analytical ability; the drive to own, build, and grow; along with the ability to have a little bit of fun.
- Gather facility equipment and utility data for various energy projects.
- Analyze facility data to identify and quantity potential energy savings.
- Support the development of scopes of work in proposals and supply chain bid packages.
- Support writing and complying of facility audits and customer proposals.
The expertise the candidate will develop in the role:
- Ability to break down and solve complex problems
- Increased knowledge of building electrical and mechanical systems
- Analyzing facility operations and energy savings strategies
- Communication skills
- Organizing and presenting data
- Build strategy on optimizing business processes
- Cumulative GPA of 3.2 or higher preferred
- Rising junior or above
- Currently pursuing a bachelor degree in engineering related field (mechanical or electrical preferred) with an interest in energy sustainability
- High degree of proficiency in Excel and other Microsoft Office programs
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Good organizational skills, including prioritization and time management
- Propensity to be self-motivated/self-guided (manager will be remote from Reston office)
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with others on projects and assignments to achieve optimal results.
- Ability to quickly learn the SGT business and understand the value proposition to SGT.
- Creativity in problem solving and alternative solutions.
- Proven ability to present information in both 1 on 1 and large group settings.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and schedules
- This position will be based in Reston, VA.
- Candidates must be able to obtain and maintain a government security clearance.