When you join Daimler, you become an agent of change within our global community of people working to create a cleaner, safer, and more efficient world for today and tomorrow. Through innovation at all levels, our teams ensure our world-changing brands continue to increase the quality of life and the business success of our customers, their customers, and the world around them. The Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) brand portfolio is second to none, and includes Freightliner Trucks, Western Star Trucks, Detroit engines and components, Thomas Built Buses and Freightliner Custom Chassis.
We are the undisputed leader in the commercial vehicle market and the industry’s technology trendsetter. Empowered by purpose, DTNA employees drive a Technology Revolution through innovative products and a customer-centric culture. Our dedication to our customers and society does not end once our products hit the road. That’s because we believe that business success and social responsibility go hand in hand. We immerse ourselves in our customer’s experience, and support the environmental responsibilities of our sites to ensure our products are the reliable, sustainable and the desired tools of the future.
Candidate will have the experience of working in automotive manufacturing environment spending 30 to 40 percent of his/her time on the manufacturing floor to assist in gathering and understanding the origin of manufacturing data. Interact with team member
Learn automotive manufacturing processes; welding, adhesive, painting, and other processes
Learn manufacturing performance, cycle time, and data analysis on manufacturing floor
Gather and analyze business data through Thomas reporting tools.
Create Power BI analytical reporting tools
- Must be participating in a Bachelor's Program or higher (or have graduated within the past 12 months) required
- GPA of 3.0 or higher required
- An attached resume is required
- Strong interest in design required
- Strong interest in industrial, engineering or applied logistics required
- Communication skills required - both verbal and written
- Relational Database skills preferred
- Computational methods coursework preferred
- Interest in robotics preferred
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work permanently in the U.S. at the time of application.
- Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
For an accommodation or special assistance with applying for a posted position, please contact our Human Resources department at 503-745-8982 or toll free 800-206-3369. For TTY/TDD enabled call 503-745-2137 or toll free 866-355-6935.