Subsea 7 has summer internship positions for engineering students to join us in our Houston, TX office. This will be a 10 week program during the summer that provides a great opportunity to come and work with us; learn about what we do and what it means to work for Subsea 7. The prospective interns should apply for the specific work tasks that most suit their interests/career goals.
Under the supervision of an analytical engineer, the intern will perform sensitivities to provide guidance on optimum mudmat structure modelling in OrcaFlex software. He will then develop and validate an Excel based tool to standardize modelling and convert mechanical and hydrodynamic properties to OrcaFlex input. Tool will have to be developed in such a way that the OrcaFlex model creation can easily be automated at a later stage. A user manual will be written and the program rolled over to the team through a presentation / training session.
- Perform sensitivities and provide guidance on optimum mudmat structure modelling in OrcaFlex
- Develop an Excel based tool to standardize modelling and automatically convert properties into OrcaFlex input
- Write a user’s manual to support the Excel based tool
- Prepare and lead Excel based tool roll-out / training session to the installation analysis team
Intern Supervisor – Formal reporting of feedback assessment. Frequent informal communications and assessments are required.
Intern Focal Point – Occasional informal communications are required.
CAPABILITY PROFILE – KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND BEHAVIOURS
- Minimum of enrollment in a Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering program (Civil, Mechanical, Ocean or Marine are preferred) from an ABET accredited university or equivalent.
- Previous experience with OrcaFlex software would be helpful, but not required.
- Aptitude and attitude to learn and experience seabed-to-surface engineering requirements, including installation techniques, software tools, and other technical issues.
- Ability to obtain, interpret and apply relevant information for formulating sound engineering solutions under the supervision of senior staff.
- Ability to identify and use appropriate methods, tools and best industry practices to perform engineering under supervision of senior staff.
- Ability to produce deliverables in a timely manner that are clear and accurate.
- Ability to develop working relationships through effective communication.
- Ability to apply logical analysis to break down problems and to develop solutions by creative thinking.
- Ability to pursue goals, plan, prioritize and organize work.
- Primary location of the position is in the Subsea 7regional office, located in Houston, TX.
- Working hours are 8:00 am to 5:30 pm, Monday through Thursday, and 8:00 to 12:00 pm Friday.