Our Greenville office is seeking a Mechanical Engineering intern for summer 2020. The selected candidate will assist engineers with a variety of tasks in Mechanical Engineering to include:
- Research, development and design of equipment, facilities, components, products, and systems for commercial and industrial purposes.
- Evaluate the desired goal of the system and develops, designs, or selects the required equipment to achieve the goal.
- Perform calculations and evaluations in the design of equipment and systems for industrial and commercial applications.
- Candidate must be currently enrolled in at least their sophomore year within an Engineering curriculum in Mechanical Engineering is required.
- At least a 3.0 GPA is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel is required.
- Previous design intern experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and/or SolidWorks is preferred
- Strong analytical, conceptual, communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of personnel and management.
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to self-motivate and work productively without supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language .