As a key team member of the Technology Services department, the intern will be responsible for managing assigned projects and/or supporting senior team members, in alignment with the business’s requirements and priorities. This position contributes to the department by improving quality and flow of information and data, building / reinforcing departmental culture, and promoting the adoption of new processes and tools.
Based on the intern’s qualifications and interests, we will tailor the internship program and establish a relationship with the team within Technology Services that best fits the needs and interests of the intern. Available teams include the Project Management Office, Data & Analytics, Web & Mobile Services, Infrastructure, Cybersecurity , Vendor Management, Architecture, Generation & Wholesale Technologies, Business Technologies, Testing Automation, and End User Experience.
- Develop and present regular and timely reports and presentations; including illustrations and graphics of Technology Services initiatives and associated business outcomes.
- Gather data to support departmental and team reporting
- Recommend and design automated solutions to meet reporting needs.
- Understanding of IT and any concentrations within it including: project management, testing, web, and/or data analytics.
- Understanding of relevant IT software development life-cycles.
- Experience in an outsourced IT and/or consulting environment.
- Strong communicator who can relate well to all levels.
- Advanced computer skills including MS Office products.
- All other duties as assigned
- Graduate student or a junior/senior undergraduate student pursuing a degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or other related field, OR equivalent work experience
- Utility/energy experience
- Previous internship experience desired
- Must be motivated, organized, and possess good communication skills