SiriusXM + Pandora have joined together to create the world's largest audio entertainment company, and we want you to be a part of it! SiriusXM + Pandora interns don't make coffee. They're on-air, writing code, working on projects, and making valuable contributions to the company. Join our internship program and learn about the world of audio entertainment and get hands-on experience in your field of study.
SiriusXM + Pandora is looking for an intern to join the Ad Innovation Sales & Strategy department. It is an exciting opportunity to work within a sales organization in an extremely fast-paced and rapidly-changing environment. This position acts to innovate and commercialize ad formats and content across platforms and devices within the consumer environment.
This person will work closely with the Product, Sales, Analytics, Research, and Creative teams. The intern will ascertain industry and marketplace needs, and develop insights-driven sales narrative, collateral, and tools to best position our products and capabilities within the advertising space. Success in this role will be measured by the creation of solutions, tools, materials, and narrative proven to move sell-through of Pandora's ad offering.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Partnership with peer groups within key teams to identify use cases, market must-haves, functional requirements, and materials/proof-points of Pandora's offering.
- Ongoing analysis and optimization of existing ad capabilities to improve opportunities for revenue through this channel.
- Help to create strategically sound and relevant sales tools on our content solutions - articulating the Pandora value proposition effectively, succinctly, and with impact on advertiser decisions.
- Identify thought leadership stories and opportunities based on key data insights. Identify and internally communicate key industry trends and new product launches in the ad marketing space.
- Independently manage small projects, such as writing and directing case studies, that will solidify Pandora's leadership position in the marketplace.
- Help to develop marketing plans that support Pandora's suite of advertising projects; Manage the execution of robust marketing programs that include B2B comms, events, advertising, and more.
- Contribute content for internal and external communication channels; maintain and update sales materials with new metrics and research as needed.
- Monitor competitive threats in the rapidly evolving ad marketing space, leveraging these to inform sales-facing narrative and materials, while also serving as feedback loop to product.
- Additional duties as needed/assigned; be ready to pitch in wherever needed.
- Pursuing or recently completed a Bachelor's degree or MBA within the following or similar fields: Economics, Mathematics, Marketing.
- Some experience with digital marketing and/or audio; or the ability to convey equivalent, relevant experience in a similar field.
- You must be 18 years of age or older.
- Internships are open to current students enrolled at a university and recent graduates who graduated within the 12-month period prior to the start of the internship.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Spelling, grammar, proofreading and editing skills.
- Creative writing ability.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
- Thorough knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Please note that all SiriusXM + Pandora internships are paid.
It is the Company's policy that all employment actions, including recruitment, hiring, selection for training, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, will be administered without regard to physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status, and that employment decisions are to be based on valid job requirements. The Company will also provide qualified applicants and employees with disabilities, including but not limited to disabled veterans, with needed reasonable accommodations, as required by law. The Company has also developed a system that tracks and measures the effectiveness of the Company's affirmative action activities regarding individuals with disabilities and protected veterans, and show where additional action is needed to meet the Company's objectives.