The Comcast Center Internship Program (CCIP) immerses students into the daily operations of a contemporary media and technology company while working side-by-side with Comcast’s top innovators. Students become an integral part of the Comcast team while working on creative, innovative, and thoughtprovoking projects within various business units. Throughout the experience, there is opportunity for exposure to mentorship and professional development while having some fun and cultivating meaningful relationships.
The position will work within Comcast’s Internet Essentials team. Internet Essentials is Comcast’s signature community impact initiative designed to help close the digital divide through affordable broadband service, low-cost computers, and digital literacy training, online, in print, and in person. The ideal candidate will also have a passion for working in a mission and purpose-driven group within the company, responsible for ensuring that households in need in Comcast’s service area can benefit from having the internet at home, and the tools they need to succeed in a 21st century economy.
- Perform all business intelligence analysis and data exploitation.
- Extract data from internal and external sources, analyze it, and prep for internal/external publication.
- Review data-driven work done by other members of the team.
- Plan and execute data-driven stories and visualizations
- Acquire, process, parse, and occasionally combine diverse datasets
- Suggest and build static and interactive data visualizations and novel ways of telling stories
- Recommend improvements to competitive business intelligence reports and interpretation of data by cross functional teams.
- Lead the analysis and reconciliation of data and reporting projects and initiatives delivery.
- Develop, maintain, and report all relevant product, site, and customer metrics and applies findings to develop appropriate goals and projections.
- Have consistent exercise of independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Teach and encourage best practices for handling and analyzing data.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a Bachelor’s degree from a United States-based college or university with the Grad year of 2021 (juniors).
- Major: Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Technology, Information Technology, Software Engineering, and Information Systems
- Minimum GPA: 3.2
Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Access - Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent time management and verbal/written communication skills
- Must have great attention to detail and organizational skills
- Must have ability to interface with all levels of management
- Must be able to work evenings (when necessary)
- Willingness to learn and work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have the ability to run SQL queries
- Knowledge with Tableau is preferable, but not required
- Authorized to work in the United States of America.
- Comcast is an Affirmative Action/EEO employer M/F/D/V