IQVIA™ is the leading human data science company focused on helping healthcare clients find unparalleled insights and better solutions for patients. Formed through the merger of IMS Health and Quintiles, IQVIA offers a broad range of solutions that harness the power of healthcare data, domain expertise, transformative technology, and advanced analytics to drive healthcare forward.
Data Services is a centre of expertise providing key input to the development and support of global data offerings such as MIDAS, OTCims, Pricing Insights, etc. These offerings are key commercial analytical tools for IQVIA headquarter clients. Expertise provided is focused on data content and includes subject matter knowledge of pharmaceuticals/ pharmaceutical industry and/or related areas. Along with other Senior Data Analysts, this role will provide expert data analysis, guidance and client support for new data projects, as well as for existing global offerings. A key activity for this role will be providing expertise on diseases/indications as input to two major new offerings on MIDAS – Sales by Indication and Specialty Drugs.
- Research and prepare recommendations for disease/indication names and definitions as input to a structured standard set of disease values (classification/taxonomy)
- Provide guidance to data analysts using the classification to assign indication terms to pharmaceutical products
- Assist with the quality assurance of the assigned indication terms
- Provide input to matching the indication terms to other disease terminologies as part of the MIDAS Sales by Indication project
- Participate in the data analysis and quality assurance required for the MIDAS Sales by Indication and Specialty Drugs projects
- Provide expert guidance, advice and analysis on the use and interpretation of global data in IQVIA global offerings:
- Analysis and provision of answers to questions originating from clients and from internal teams
- Therapy/Dosage Form Classifications
- Provide input to activities to support the standard therapy/dosage form classifications (ATC and NFC) used in IQVIA data
- Participate in pilots and new projects to create or adapt data for IQVIA global offerings
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Graduate – Biomedical Scientist, Pharmacist or equivalent subject expertise
- Relevant pharmacy, pharmaceutical industry, pharmaceutical information experience/knowledge required
- Knowledge of key issues and current developments in the pharmaceutical and healthcare industries
- In depth understanding of IQVIA internal data processes, terminology and systems, or the capability to quickly gain this knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent English both verbal and written; the business language and documentation is in English and the detailed terminology for the indication classification is in English
- Proven strong analytical and problem-solving skills of often complex processes; confidence to challenge experts
- Organised, methodical, and process-oriented
- Proactive, quick thinking and accountable
- Ability to respond quickly to a wide variety of queries, where sometimes there is no clear answer or supporting documentation
- Ability to multi-task and prioritise effectively
- Ability to apply experience gained in one activity to other similar activities
Making a positive impact on human health takes insight, curiosity, and intellectual courage. It takes brave minds, pushing the boundaries to transform healthcare. Regardless of your role, you will have the opportunity to play an important part in helping our clients drive healthcare forward and ultimately improve outcomes for patients.
Forge a career with greater purpose, make an impact, and never stop learning.