Internship positions at Jacobs provide college students an opportunity to gain real-world experience in their specific area of study. Interns will work alongside world-class professionals in a fast-paced, professional setting which provides interns invaluable experiences applying the knowledge and skills learned through education in a business environment.
Perform routine aspects of engineering requiring knowledge and application of basic engineering principles under close supervision.
- May use computer-assisted engineering software and equipment to perform engineering tasks.
- Collects and prepares data for evaluation.
- Assisting in the coordination of projects from conception (feasibility) through final plan preparations.
- Providing support to engineering staff members as needed.
- Required of candidates to be enrolled in at least their junior year within a Mechanical Engineering curriculum at an ABET university
- GPA of 3.0+ is required
- US Citizenship is required
- Strong analytical, conceptual, communication, and organizational skills required
- Ability to effectively interface with all levels of personnel and management required
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment required
- Strong problem solving skills required
- Ability to self-motivate and work productively without supervision required
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel required
- Previous one year of mechanical design as a Facilities or Commercial project intern is preferred
- Knowledge of AutoCAD required.
- Knowledge of Revit preferred
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.