NXP Semiconductors enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, we are driving innovation in the secure connected vehicle, end-to-end security & privacy and smart connected solutions markets.
NXP’s Technology & Operations organization plays an essential role in the company’s success by ensuring the delivery of high quality, scalable, cost-competitive technologies and supply to create a competitive advantage for our customers.
Internship responsibilities may include:
- Partnering with Area teams to understand area operations, identify improvement opportunities, and develop solutions to meet Area Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost Goals.
- Establish and maintain accurate area production management systems to enhance ongoing operations (Capacity Model, RTD Dispatch, Simulation, etc, as well as supporting business processes.)
- Improving operational efficiency of factory equipment resulting in improved cycle-time and/or increased factory capacity with minimal capital and/or operational investments.
- Improving labor productivity through the development/deployment of best known methods and Lean Manufacturing principles.
- Effectively communicate business objectives to the area teams. Provide goals and forecasts with clear linkage to factory objectives.
- Strategic capacity planning – both equipment and staffing.
- Collaborating with peers in Chandler AZ and Austin TX to ensure consistent approach.
- Defining requirements, business processes and completing user acceptance testing of various IE systems supported by the Manufacturing IT organization.
Individual should have the following attributes:
- Strong analytical and creative thinking skills for effective decision-making.
- Strong data analysis skills – to include working knowledge of statistics, SPC, ANOVA, comparative methods, and DOE.
- Strong communication skills – oral, written, and presentation.
- Strong / Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Complex problem solving skills.
- Solid business acumen.
- Strong inter-personal skills and ability to motivate team members.
- Strong computer application programming experience.
- Willing and able to wear a smock suit, working in a clean room environment
Education & Experience:
- Working towards BS or higher in Engineering. Degrees in Applied Sciences (Chemistry/Physics/Materials Science) or Mathematics may be considered. Working towards advanced MS degree preferred.
- Experience in semiconductor-related work in Engineering (CIM, Device, Equip, Process, or Industrial) is advantageous but not required.
- Experience in deploying Lean principles and methods is advantageous.
- To be considered for an internship with NXP, you must be returning to school at the end of the internship term. If you are graduating prior to June 2020, please search for positions labeled "Entry Level" or "Graduate Hire".
NXP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, NXP will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.