We are currently looking for a student to work with our Cab Engineering Analysis Team as an Analysis Engineer. The student should be prepared to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment; gaining experience and knowledge in various aspects of mechanical engineering. As a valued member of the Cab Analysis Team within GTT, the student will have the opportunity to work directly with the calculation and simulation of the durability/crash/NVH properties of the steel and plastic components used in the design of our heavy trucks. . GTT’s goal is to contribute to the student’s development, as well as providing an opportunity for the student to work in a business environment within the manufacturing industry. This position will report to Cab Analysis Group Manager.
- Assist analyst in calculating the durability / NVH or crash strength of cab components.
- Understand the interaction of components that make up the Cab assembly when calculating durability.
- Analyze and breakdown project scope to understand the direct impact of Cab Analysis on the overall quality of our projects.
- Attention to Detail: Provide accurate data and reports that are pertinent to the team’s tasks.
- Strong interest in Automotive/Trucking industry
- Teamwork: Building cooperation among individuals and departments, sharing information and resources, and working to achieve group goals and outcomes.
- Communication: Listen effectively, transmit information accurately and understandably, and actively seek feedback from experienced engineers, project manager, etc.
- Dependability/Reliability: Follow through on commitments, timely delivery on projects, assigned tasks, etc.
- Flexibility: Willing to perform a wide range of tasks, positive responds to changes in direction and priorities, and acceptance of new challenges, responsibilities, and assignments.
Internship Education and Program Requirements
- Applicant must be pursuing a degree in Mechanical Engineering at an accredited school and have completed 30 semester hours of undergraduate studies prior to the start of the internship.
- Summer Interns are required to work 40 hours per week.
- Applicants must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 3.0.
- Strong communication skills.
- Customer Focus
- Technical Skills
- Peer Relationships
- Integrity and Trust
- Standing Alone
- Action Oriented