- In pursuit of obtaining a Technical or Associates Degree within a relevant Technical Field.
- Have and maintain a GPA above a 3.0.
- Meet the physical requirements with reasonable accommodations.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is growing rapidly, and we are looking for Data Center Technician Intern to join our expanding Infrastructure Operations team.
The intern will help ensure overall availability and reliability to meet or exceed defined service levels of data center operations. This position involves hardware and network diagnostics followed by physical repair, and may include participation in an on-call rotation. All candidates should be willing to work both independently and with a team. Work prioritization, organizational skills, effective communication, and the ability to react quickly are critical to being successful. In addition to hardware and network repair, candidates will install equipment, create documentation, innovate solutions, and fix complex problems within the data center space.Physical Requirements: All physical requirements are expected with reasonable accommodations
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 35 pounds unassisted; and participate in group lifts for 36 pounds or more.
- Must be able to lift loads of up to 49 pounds and carry them for short distances.
- Continuously climb and descend stairs safely (applies to sites with stairs).
- Reach and stretch to position equipment and fixtures while maintaining balance.
- Push or pull heavy objects into position.
- Some travel may be required.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity.
- Familiarity with computer hardware component and operating systems.
- 1+ years general work experience.
- Ability to manage work and priorities through a ticketing system and coordination with Manager.
- An interest in computer sciences and information technology.
- 1+ years’ experience with one or more of the following hardware platforms (e.g. Dell, HP) is a plus. HP, Dell, ZT, Foxconn, Super Micro, SGI, etc.
- 1+ years relevant IT experience.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/ Age