Global Markets Operations is the engine responsible for ensuring the execution and servicing of all products and services. Our core objective is to deliver service excellence by executing our processes in the safest and most efficient way, leveraging automation and 'Lean' approaches to achieve this. Some of the core processes that we deliver include Post Trade Services, FX Operations, Collateral & Liquidity operations.
This role is based within the Prime Synthetics Investment Bank Middle office team that provides key support to the Equity Financing desk.
What will you be doing?
- Manage queries received from clients, operations and counterparties in an accurate & timely fashion
- Regular interaction with the desk to gain exposure to products and strategies traded by desk
- Monitor client trade allocations/ execution, manage and resolve exceptions
- Coordinate escalations with Settlements/Product Control globally and work with the desk / client services team to resolve and mitigate risk exposure
- Work closely with management to streamline processes and re-align to correct operating model within team and broader Ops groups such as Trade Control / Post trade services
- Manage day to day processing involving - Client position & Trade break queries, CFD/PSWAP/ Book Transfer reconciliation, Portfolio Swap Reset process, Manual FX trade bookings & New client account static setup.
- Ensure corporate actions & dividends reflected correctly on client accounts
What we’re looking for:
- Comprehensive understanding of Trade lifecycle and front to back workflow knowledge, with exposure to different teams throughout the trade process surrounding Equity CFD, Single Stock Swap or portfolio swap
- Analytical skills in understanding issues raised, determining action required and implementing solutions, address root cause and improve the Control environment
- Hands on working knowledge of applications such as Delta-1, Synfiny, Memphis, Intellimatch along with market platforms such as MarkitWire and the Microsoft office suite, particularly Excel
- Influencing and relationship-building skills
- Team player with a high level of drive, commitment and enthusiasm
- Good Communicator - clarity, brevity and precision
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Good time management, prioritising tasks, ability to manage expectations well and able to meet deadlines
Skills that will help you in the role:
- Understanding of Equity CFD, Single Stock Swap and portfolio swap
- Familiar with wider financial services landscape, including regulation, utilities and vendors
- Analytical skills and the ability to develop effective solutions through Excel /VBA
- Understanding of Prime Brokerage systems/applications (GOS & Memphis)
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with us.