NXP Semiconductors enables secure connections and infrastructure for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, we are driving innovation in the secure connected vehicle, end-to-end security & privacy and smart connected solutions markets.
HR Data & Benefits Analyst Intern
Reporting into the HR Center of Excellence, supporting and learning from the HR Business Unit Analyst and Benefit staff.
The primary objectives of the role are to:
- Assist the HR BU Analyst team with large scale reorganizations by coordinating changes in Workday HCM system.
- Support the HR BU Analyst team with workforce analytics and planning initiatives during key HR annual events such as Performance Management and Rewards Planning.
- Support the HR BU Analyst team with weekly, monthly and ad hoc workforce analytics. This includes creating Power BI Dashboards, running a variety of HR focused reports and creating a story out of the data (attrition, headcount, staffing).
- Access, extract, format, and analyze complex data sets from multiple systems to identify patterns and gain insights.
- Audit key data points impacting analytics in Workday HCM and partner with local HR teams to resolve.
- Serve as a liaison to insurance carriers regarding claim problems, issues, and concerns.
- Test system functionality to ensure accuracy and prepare ongoing systems reports on benefit programs.
- Produce reports and analyses, as needed both on an ongoing and ad hoc basis.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- High attention to detail
- Ability to multitask across both strategic and tactical projects
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong Excel and database skills, including managing large volumes of data and lookup functions
- Comfortable with complex excel data sets and tools
- Ability to work under pressure with competing tasks
- Ability to handle confidential data and information in a sensitive and mature manner
- Ability to work independently
- Knowledge of MS Excel (Pivot tables, vlookups, Power Query, Power Pivot)
- Knowledge of MS Office Suite products (Power Point, Microsoft Word, Outlook)
- Knowledge of Power BI analytic tool
- Must be actively in pursuit of Bachelors or Masters in Data Science or Management Information Systems
Must be available part time in Spring 2020, and full time in Summer 2020.
NXP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, NXP will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.