At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Red Hat's Enterprise Data and Analytics (EDA) team is looking for a Data Science Intern to join us in Raleigh, NC. In this role, you will help us build a containerized bot platform to increase productivity and save time by automating common data-related tasks. You’ll need to have solid programming skills. As a Data Science Intern, you will design, develop, and deploy AI bots to support the platform.
Primary job responsibilities:
- Meet with stakeholders to gather requirements
- Design bots that fit the existing framework
- Develop bots that adhere to software engineering standards
- Deploy these bots in the Red Hat OpenShift platform
- Ability to work full-time hours during summer 2020 in the location listed
- Knowledge of Python and SQL
- Data engineering and software engineering skills
- Familiarity with Red Hat OpenShift is a plus
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.