Trimble, Inc. is seeking a technical Summer intern at our Alpharetta, GA location.
This intern position is designed to provide a hands on experience that complements your academic studies by working and learning alongside a team of highly intelligent, experienced software developers & scientists.
- “Hands on” assistance in all aspects of the product software development process including research, experimenting, implementation, and testing
- Develop and work with Simulations and 3D Visualizations
- Vehicle rigging (models and physics)
- Animations and sequencing
- Run and create test case scenarios/collect data
- Assist with VR Visualization Experiments/Research
- Participate in Hackathons & Test Fests - experimenting, testing, reporting bugs or other problems accurately
- Coding (C#, Python, C++)
- Working in Unity and ROS
- Some Data & Protocol Analysis as required (Excel, Matplotlib, Matlab)
Skills & Experience Preferred:
- Undergrad or Graduate Student with Advanced Math/EE/CS Background
- Physics/Modeling - Simulation/understanding the Laws of Physics
- Passionate about technology (e.g. Gaming, Game development, VR, and Machine Learning)
- Unity 3D Game Engine software knowledge - (knowledge required)
- ROS - (knowledge required), Gazebo experience desired
- VR Experience Desired but not Required (HTC Vive, Windows Mixed Reality, etc.)
- Communications Protocols Desired but not Required (e.g. TCP/UDP, CAN, J1939, NEMA2k, ISO11783)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal)
- An inquiring mind with creative ideas
- A positive attitude with a “can-do” willingness to learn
- Able to collaborate in a team environment
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability.
From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, transportation and logistics, construction, and geospatial.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D