We are seeking an experienced Software Architect to join our engineering team. As one of a number of architects within the software engineering team you will have responsibility for analysis and specification of the software solutions that deliver to meet our customers’ needs.
You’ll be working within an exciting software development eco-system as our products range from embedded devices, mobile application to cloud infrastructure all within the automotive domain.
Clear communication of the architecture is key to an effective development process. The successful candidate will have a passion for evangelising industry best practise within the organisation and improving the status quo every day.
This role is also a hands on developer role providing technical leadership to a software development team designing, developing and testing high quality customer solutions based on our platform products.
Overseeing development architectural and software design of major software features while ensuring process adherence, quality standards and alignment with platform architecture strategy
- Collaborate with platform architects and infrastructure architects
- Lead software architectural decisions within customer focused development teams
- Provide leadership in the design and development of software components.
- Hands on development, capable of developing most complex components of our systems.
- Ensure effective peer review code developed by other team members
- Provide mentoring to junior team members
- Proactively contribute to development process improvement activities through sprint retrospectives etc.
The ideal candidate will have experience working within complex software product development environments.
Essential skills and experience:
- Demonstrable skill in breaking down complex customer requirements into software and system design
- Experience in software architecture design documentation standards and notations
- Dedication to high quality, on time delivery
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Awareness of security requirements and software design implications for web-based applications
- Agile development as part of a Scrum team
Desirable skills and experience:
- Experience of software architecture and design tooling, EA, ArchiMate, Structurizr
- Software Development experience and awareness in some of the following technologies: Client Side Development (Java, C++), Modern C++ (e.g. C++11, 14 and C++17), Cross Platform C++ Development (Windows, Linux), Mobile App Development (Android, IOS)
- Experience of software product development tooling, E.g. Atlassian suite, GIT