Our IT Support Engineer will report to the IT Director and will work closely to identify recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for Cubic Motion’s requirements. This is a hands-on role with autonomy, representing a visible and valued opportunity to have an effective impact of CM’s systems. You will assist the development of a complete technical support service to ensure resources are managed efficiently and effectively to meet our needs. This includes developing, configuring, maintaining, supporting and optimising all new and existing network hardware, software and communication links. This role is also responsible for telephony, storage, security and other electronic infrastructure.
- Responsible for keeping CM’s core IT systems running efficiently
- Responsible for cyber security, recommending best practices and implementing departmental policies
- Responsible for development and deployment of appropriate domain group policies
- Ensures IT helpdesk requests are responded to and dealt with effectively
- Responsible for backups, archiving and disaster recovery
- Responsible for boardroom and meeting room AV connectivity
- Assists with provisioning / deprovisioning user accounts on all platforms within the IT domain
- Assists with user machine provisioning, setting up processes such as standard machine images
- Administers the network, including managing switches, provisioning ports, vlans
- Will be closely involved in efforts to upgrade to higher performance network
- Maintain general housekeeping of printers, communications, meeting room hardware for conference calls and video conferencing. IT office maintenance clear and tidy.
- Assists with day to day IT purchasing
- Assists with capex hardware purchasing
- Assists with user software licencing (Autodesk, Adobe, Office 365, Gsuite) • Maintains IT Wiki
- Interest or background in gaming, animation, motion capture or VFX
- Ideally certified with official accreditation such as ITIL, MCSE, CISA, MCSA, CEH
- Educated to a degree level is desirable but not essential
- Active Directory administration, including group policy
- Windows support and troubleshooting
- Ability to perform PC and server hardware upgrades
- HyperV: managing, provisioning, monitoring performance of VMs
- Experience of networking, including an understanding of vlans
- Experience working with cyber security standards, frameworks, and compliance-led initiatives, including achieving Cyber Security Essentials
- Familiarity with high performance networking – multi tier storage, round robin dns etc
- Switch and firewall admin experience
- Experience of AV equipment and / or studio environment
- Basic understanding of scripting
- Experience of Linux
- Proactive and autonomous, works with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrable ability to build strong working relationships across the business.
- Strong organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Flexible, can do attitude approach
- Perform work with highest levels of professionalism, confidentiality and integrity.
- Be passionate about developing IT and be a ‘forward thinker’.
- Capable of finding workable solutions, particularly when changes are required to working practices.
- Excellent track record of successful service delivery
- Results-oriented, user-focused mindset
- Confident dealing directly with users at all levels and excellent communication skills.
- Naturally positive attitude, with the ability to maintain patience and composure under pressure
- Positive, team-oriented mindset, with a natural willingness to always go the extra mile
- Evidenced problem-solving skills, comfortable navigating ambiguity
- Thrives in a results-oriented, fast-paced environment
Contact name: Kursheda Chowdhury