Teledyne Scientific Company (TSC) has a legacy of over 50 years of advanced research and technology development. Our customer base consists of DARPA, ONR, AFRL, ARL, and other government and proprietary customers. TSC’s Information Sciences (IS) Division in North Carolina is a state-of-the-art research and development research facility, dedicated to R&D in the areas of deep learning, machine learning, persistent surveillance, autonomous systems computer vision, and computational neuroscience.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
The position is for a spring and/or summer internship for an undergraduate student with the Information Sciences division in Durham, NC. The position involves learning and performing tasks related to mathematics, computer software development, laboratory experiments and demonstrations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design, develop and test mathematical algorithms for various projects involving signal processing
- Design, develop and test software related to signal and image processing
- Participate in regular meetings with staff
- Work closely with mentor to learn techniques and tools needed to perform technical tasks
- Prepare and present results to technical staff
Qualifications & Competencies
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following qualifications and competencies:
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to interface with research staff
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications
- Familiarity with email applications
- Proficient with Matlab or equivalent
- Familiarity with computer programming languages, firmware development and the required tools such as compilers, development environments
- Able to organize and coordinate projects and activities
- Strong oral and written communication abilities
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
Education and/or Experience
- Junior or Senior status in a relevant BS program (Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering)
Due to the type of work at the facility and certain access restrictions, successful applicants must be a U.S. Person.
What can Teledyne offer YOU?
A Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
Paid Sick Time
Life Insurance Benefits
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Educational Tuition Reimbursement
Employee Fun Events throughout the year
Experience level of the applicant we want
College / Sixth form, High School