A mechanical design engineer with a minimum of 5 years of experience in designing or bringing up mechanical systems for eletronics. This engineer will be responsible for mechanical design and bring up for car computer and othe related autopilot hardwares for all Tesla vehicle platforms.
- Developing design in CAD and guide junior engineer or contractor to do CAD : master model and detailed part models
- Running tolerance analysis, FEA(Finite Element Analysis) and other simulation and analysis before release design for tooling.
- Creating 2-d drawing appropriate for high-volume production methods and inspection methods
- DFM(Design for Manufacturing) communication with suppliers and support tooling bring up.
- Drive and guide engineering builds and provide engineering support for mass production in key factories.
- Drive failure analysis and design improvements.
- Minimum 1 years of mechanical design experience or manufacturing process bringing up.
- Proficient in design of plastic injection mold part, sheet metal stamping part and CNC parts.
- Proficient in CAD. Catia is preferred. SolidWorks, UG and Pro/E experience are acceptable.
- Experienced in drafting 2D drawing with GD&T.
- Be able to perform required analysis to ensure a successful design (stress, strain, thermal, tolerance, coast and mass optimization, etc.) or to direct resources for this work.
- Experienced in FEA is preferred. Ansys experience is preferred.
- Excellent understanding of mass production and six sigma process.
- Strong knowledge of materials properties and applications, fabrication methods.
- Experience includes multiple projects taking parts from initial concept through to production.
- Passionate about electro-mechanical product design, inventing solutions, and finding better and simpler ways to meet product requirements.
Experience level of the applicant we want
Some work experience, Graduate