Under technical guidance and supervision perform basic engineering functions including: Supporting manufacturing, product improvement, and testing through simulation and validation through physical testing, and documentation.
Position Key Attributes:
- Ability to personally live safe and hold themselves and other team members accountable by having their back in support of our Safety core value.
- Has integrity, works transparently and recognized for treating others with respect.
- Takes accountability to create and execute solutions that deliver desired results, and can “own it” in a Performance Driven Culture.
- Works collaboratively as one team in a Teamwork culture.
- Enjoys embracing and igniting change as a catalyst for improvement.
- A “builder” who is comfortable in a continuous improvement culture.
- Can thrive in a “legacy now” culture in which we strive to do the right thing for the company today, even if it is the hard thing, and leave behind a stronger company for the next generation of employees.
- Implement principals of design for manufacturability into current and future products
- Plan, perform and analyze empirical lab tests
- Optimize 3D models for import into simulation software
- Organization and catalog engineering files and documentation
- Maintains an attitude which consistently represents the organizational culture, including: the mission, vision and core attributes
- Other Ad hoc duties as assigned by manager
- Currently enrolled in an accredited Bachelor’s Degree Mechanical engineering program
- Developing knowledge of 3D CAD software - Autodesk Inventor preferred
- Ability to apply basic engineering principals in statics and material science
- Working knowledge of FEA is a plus - ANYSIS AIM preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Word and Excel required)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Motivated, creative, and enthusiastic to learn