Teledyne Judson Technologies (TJT) is a global leader in detectors from the Visible to VLWIR spectrum, offering an extensive range of single element infrared detectors. Two dimensional focal plane arrays (InGaAs, InSb, and HgCdTe) and Integrated Dewar Cooler Assemblies (IDCA) complement our detector portfolio. Military, space, and commercial markets employ our detectors, which are recognized for high performance. Located near Philadelphia, with easy access to the Northeast corridor, TJT offers a small company atmosphere, while enjoying the benefits of being part of a larger corporation.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Teledyne Judson is looking for a dynamic, part-time, intern to help support Engineering projects and design improvements within their Montgomeryvill, PA location. A successful candidate will be familiar with the following duties;
- Assists with mechanical and assembly designs using SolidWorks Software
- Perform tolerance stack calculations, technical documentation
- Perform assembly tool design and fixture design
- Generate Bill of Materials (BOM)
- Demonstrates good judgment and critical thinking in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Must be detail oriented
- Familiarity with SolidWorks
- Proficient with electronic database entry and Microsoft Office applications
- Familiarity with computer software to include; Microsoft Office Suite (emphasis on excel).
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Computer proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Ability and nature to follow work directions
- Displays exemplary ethics and business conduct and performs work cognizant of safe work practices.
- Enrollment in Mechanical Engineering Bachelor of Science Program, candidate for degree in 2020
Experience level of the applicant we want
Undergraduate, College / Sixth form, High School