M&S is a leading retailer with a strong brand heritage, extraordinary colleagues and customers who want to see us succeed. The key to our transformation and long-term sustainability is our commitment to the belief that behaviour drives business success and employee engagement.
Our Colleague Services Team are looking for an enthusiastic, innovative, engaging and adaptable Learning & Development Associate with a strong customer ethos to join us. You’ll deliver an excellent L&D service to our Colleague Advisory Service Team, which is our HR contact centre, to consult and deliver the right learning solutions to enhance the capability of our people.
This role would suit a self-starter with bucketloads of contact centre L&D experience looking for a new adventure to consult and deliver effective learning solutions for a shared service centre. It’s a roll your sleeves up and get stuck in type of role with huge opportunity to make a significant difference. You’ll be reporting into the Head of Colleague Advisory Service, and have great support from the L&D Team, to define the scope and enable learning provision for our Colleague Advisory teams.
About the role
Your key accountabilities include:
- Work with key members of the Team to determine learning requirements, methods of delivery, evaluate impact of learning and support sustainability of learning in the workplace. You’ll be making every penny count and measure the impact effectively
- Able to anticipate learning needs based on centre activity and manage this plan accordingly
- Deliver the agreed L&D plan to timescales and quality expected. You’ll own it and get it done for our Colleague Advisory Service
- Work collaboratively across the wider support centre to ensure a seamless L&D provision, demonstrating a customer centric approach
- Facilitate technical, colleague and management development training within the centre aligned to the wider centre business plan to the required standard and impact
- Provide coaching and support for key roles within our Colleague Advisory Service
- Build strong relationships with Team Leaders and Managers to providing a consultative approach with understand the capability of their Teams and identify learning needs,.
- Promote blended / self-learning options to Colleague Services
- Ensure robust reporting is in place linked to attendance and impact of training solutions.
- Complete, short, medium-and long-term course evaluation, always having a commercial eye on the value of any development
- Keep up to date with best practices and training methods through internal and external networking, ensuring the training delivered is professional, motivating and delegates are able to achieve the maximum learning
- Identify and progress own areas for personal development
Your skills and experience will include:
- An engaging communicator, with excellent facilitation skills
- Able to build effective relationships and manage key members of the Team
- Detailed understanding of the psychology of learning, current learning theories, contact centre environment learning provision and evaluation methods
- Experience in designing and delivering best in class learning technology to embed self-led learning (full training cycle)
- Digital savvy and embraces new technology. Curious to investigate new opportunities to introduce digital technology
- Commercial acumen with an understanding of the operational levers which drive success in the organisation
- Good use of Microsoft applications incl. Excel, Word, PowerPoint to create learning content.
- Some experience of designing digital learning using a rapid authoring tool (Articulate would be an advantage)
- Excellent verbal, written communication and time management skills
- Ability to work at pace and with agility. Proactive to the needs of the centre and people readiness
- Communicates openly and honestly at all times and encourages others to do the same in line with the M&S behaviours
- Able to take accountability of their role, taking intelligent risks and learns from their mistakes