This UX Researcher Trainee position in Guam offers an exciting opportunity for someone who is keen to learn the rules and profession user experience and UX design.
We are seeking a talented, junior social science researcher to assist senior researchers with projects on the ground, in Guam.
As a UX Researcher Trainee you must:
- Lead with empathy, having a strong desire to understand people and the way they think and experience the world
- Have a background in social sciences: psychology, anthropology, sociology, etc.
- Conduct qualitative interviews, gather qualitative data and analyse qualitative data accurately and systematically
- Organise end to end fieldwork: secure participants for interviews, organise meetings, conduct fieldwork, report back on findings
- Help to translate qualitative findings into business strategy
- Work effectively and enthusiastically with a virtual team, reporting information across time-zones
- Use Skype, WhatsApp, Google Docs to communicate and capture fieldwork data
- Be keen to learn career professions in UX, user research, UX design, and service design
Other skills that are helpful:
- An enthusiastic, hard-working and diligent individual
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- A business extrovert, comfortable dealing with individuals at all corporate levels, including board level.
- Comfortable working in fast paced environments where multiple projects and competing demands are the norm.
- A team-player, detail-oriented and quick learner.
- A love of Tech,Design, Marketing or Multimedia
Recent graduates are welcome, current students will be considered but must demonstrate relevant coursework (e.g., thesis work, major research project), also those with more professional experience who are attempting a career change into User Research or User Experience.
Psychology and social science degree holders strongly encouraged to apply – especially those with experience in Research Methods. Someone with technical or visual design experience is also welcome, but please mention your interest in research and skills for research field work.
Time commitment for the specific project in Guam is about 20-40 hours per week for about 3-6 months, so flexible. Salary is a training salary, so takes into account that you are learning - however, payment will be competitive to get the best talent.
Send resumes with introduction letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Some work experience, Graduate, Undergraduate, College / Sixth form, High School