Growing clean technology company is looking for lab intern to join our team. The intern will assist in the execution of research projects and the maintenance of research equipment and laboratory facilities. The ideal candidate will have a highly successful academic record, experience in the laboratory, a high attention to detail, and the ability to undertake independent research tasks. An interest in next-generation renewable energy technology, environmental entrepreneurship, and experience with bio-electrochemical systems is also positive.
- Execute research experiments by performing various laboratory protocols and procedures
- Assist in care of research projects and troubleshooting of associated systems
- Prepare materials to support experiments
- Perform laboratory analysis of water quality
- Collect and analyze samples to build datasets relevant to current research and development projects
- Responsible for data quality and integrity of assigned experiments.
- Responsible for working knowledge of theory and technical background of currently funded research projects
- Write, review, and revise internal standard operating procedures for routine data collection, maintenance and system care
- Assist research staff in writing and graphics for grant mandated reports, white papers and product manuals
The Right Stuff
- Wet lab experience required
- Background in environmental science, particularly wastewater analysis and treatment
- Ability to conduct testing procedures from written instructions with precision and accuracy
- One-year experience in commercial or academic lab setting preferred
- Bio-electrochemical system laboratory experience desired
- Basic understanding of statistical analysis of lab data including calculation of mean, standard deviation and hypothesis testing
- Knowledge of general laboratory and industrial safety and potential hazards including proper protective clothing, chemical containment and biosecurity
- Ability to work with, or learn proper use and care of, common hand/power tools
- Prototyping and hardware development experience desired
How to Apply
Eligible candidates who have the “right stuff” should submit a resume with a thoughtfully written cover letter telling us why you would be the best candidate for the job. You must include your compensation requirements to be considered for this role. Send to email@example.com and include “Lab Technician Intern” in the subject line so your information is routed to the proper hiring authority for immediate review.