At Hewlett Packard Enterprise, we bring together the brightest minds to create breakthrough technology solutions that advance the way people live and work. What sets us apart? Our people and our relentless dedication to helping our customers make their mark on the world.
We are a team of doers, dreamers and visionaries; inspired by our purpose and driven by our strategy. We live by our three values: partner, innovate and act.
Our legacy inspires us as we forge ahead, always pushing to discover what’s next. Every day is a new opportunity to advance and grow ourselves, our company and the industry. Some people call it an obsession, we call it a way of life.
You don’t wait for change. You drive it. Go where next-generation IT solutions meet next-generation career opportunities. Discover the power of partnership at Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Hybrid IT Presales Graduate Scheme
As a Presales Graduate within HPE’s Hybrid IT team, you will be part of an industry-leading organisation, engaged in promoting HPE’s leading portfolio of products and solutions to customers in the UK & Ireland.
Our Presales technical consultants work in partnership with our sales teams and partner organisations to build strong relationships with our customers, and work on specific opportunities. Whilst participating on the graduate scheme, you will participate in defining, developing, and supporting the sales process for technology and solutions, whist aligning with HPE’s internal career development framework.
The graduate programme is designed to develop you into a leading Presales Consultant over a period of 14 months. Over this time, you will be trained to develop in a number of dimensions:
- Technical – you will develop a broad knowledge of HPE’s products and solutions, their value to our customers, their place in our portfolio, the competitive landscape, in addition to getting hands on with solutions
- Consultative – you will learn what it takes to become a “trusted advisor” to HPE’s customers, helping to define solutions and support the sales cycle
- Professional – you will understand how to be an effective professional, through communication, presentation, facilitation, planning, leadership and career development
You will participate in informal and formal technical and soft-skills training, to ensure a well-rounded development into a technology advisory consultant. You will be involved with (but not limited to) the following tasks and activities:
- Understanding the breadth and depth of the HPE portfolio in our core infrastructure solutions (servers, storage, networking and management) as part of our Hybrid IT strategy, in addition to understanding of market technologies and trends
- Architecting, sizing and configuring solutions using HPE tools
- Regularly presenting to peers, management and customers to develop facilitation and presentation skills
- Develop your planning, debating and negotiation skills, mapping out your approach to learning the assigned topics
- Visiting customers in a “shadow” role with other experienced technology advisory consultants
- Build your consultative skills to uncover real customer needs
- Develop your personal network of help and support from the UK&I and Worldwide experts
You will have access to industry leading consultants and product ambassadors, who will coach and mentor you throughout your time on the programme, and beyond.
The programme allows a high degree of flexible learning, freedom to explore through different methods of learning across multiple technologies from the industry’s leading vendors and access to technical facilities to get hands-on experience.
What are the key roles & responsibilities of a Presales Consultant?
- Position HPE’s strategy and solutions in context of our portfolio, to customers and partner organisations
- Research and gather information to develop an accurate understanding of the customer’s technology infrastructure, including the competitive solutions present.
- Provide account teams with relevant information, analysis, and recommendations
- Contribute to the creation of technical solutions to meet the customer requirements, and adapt design solutions as new requirements arise
- Maintain excellent communications with customers and advance opportunities effectively
- Actively support the account team in the creation of proposals, presentations, product demonstrations, and other customer communications
- Collaborate across teams to engage additional technical resources as needed, sharing information and experiences to develop peers and less experienced team members.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Passionate About Technology - if technology interests or excites you, you’ll love this role. What could be better than sharing your passion with our customers
- Keen to Develop - desire for continual personal development in technical and soft skills
- Proactive & Enthusiastic - must drive positive, proactive engagement with peers, HPE account teams and customers
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree (completed prior to start date) in business, computer science, mathematics, engineering or related scientific/ quantitative fields (minimum 2:1)
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills
- Driving license – although the graduate scheme is mainly office based, the Presales Consultant role is field based
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Prior internship experience (preferably with a technology company)
- Leadership experience in university and/or participation in extracurricular activities, student organisations, the workplace and/or community service
- An interest in disruptive, emerging technologies such as photonics, containerisation and composable infrastructure,
- An interest in IT delivery modes and frameworks, such as bimodal IT, micro-services, DevOps, OpenStack and APIs
- An understanding of industry concepts such as cloud, mobility, big data and security
- An understanding of computer architecture/design concepts such as data centres, virtualisation, utilisation, scalability, availability, resilience and disaster recovery
- An understanding of computing infrastructure in the context of servers, storage, networking, management software and associated technologies
HPE offers a competitive salary to new graduates with clearly defined stages for career progression. Exceptional candidates can be accelerated through the programme gaining reward and responsibility earlier than their peers. Only you set the limit on your progression at HPE!