The Raymond James Information Technology Summer Internship Program is a ten to twelve-week comprehensive learning and professional opportunity for highly motivated individuals who have a passion for both technology and business. Interns gain first-hand experience, receive valuable on-the-job-training, and learn about the many technology professions available in the financial services industry. Internships are available across the Technology Organization in areas such as: Architecture/Data/Platform, Corporate Technology, Infrastructure and Information Security, IT Administration, Operations/Institutional/Bank Tech, Wealth Management, and Service Delivery and Support.
Under general supervision, interns:
- Utilize skills gained through training and experience to assist with specific projects within an assigned functional area for a specified period of time.
- Use judgment to adapt procedures, processes and techniques to apply to more complex assignments.
- Resolve routine questions and problems and refer more complex issues to a higher level.
- Gain personal and professional enrichment through community service involvement.
- Participate in team project challenges that produce tangible outcomes for the business.
Internship Length: 10 to 12 weeks
Start date: May 2020
End date: August 2020
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday, up to 40 hours per week
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Specified projects and varied assignments.
- Operates standard office equipment and uses required software applications.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Fundamental concepts, practices and procedures of a professional office environment.
- Basic concepts, principles and practices of an assigned business unit.
- Operating standard office equipment and using, or having the ability to learn, required software applications.
- Organize and prioritize multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Work independently as well as collaboratively within a team environment.
- Provide a high level of customer service.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
- Applicants are required to be enrolled in a college
- Degree seeking program. Candidates enrolled in degrees related to Information Technology or
- Business preferred or equivalent combination of experience, education, and/or training approved By Human Resources.
Raymond James Guiding Behaviors
At Raymond James our associates use five guiding behaviors (Develop, Collaborate, Decide, Deliver, Improve) to deliver on the firm's core values of client-first, integrity, independence and a conservative, long-term view.
We expect our associates at all levels to:
- • Grow professionally and inspire others to do the same
- • Work with and through others to achieve desired outcomes
- • Make prompt, pragmatic choices and act with the client in mind
- • Take ownership and hold themselves and others accountable for delivering results that matter
- • Contribute to the continuous evolution of the firm