The Engineering Intern will participate in a 2.5-month long introduction to the Company fracturing operations. Engineer Interns will have an immersive exposure to hydraulic fracturing operations and complete a project and presentation.
- Directly reporting to Engineering Lead
- Functionally reports to Training and Development Manager
Job Duties & Essential Functions:
- Learn the functional, operational, and interdependence of fracturing equipment.
- Gain exposure to essential procedures and considerations in both the design and execution of hydraulic fracturing treatments.
- Complete a project that will add tangible value to both the Company and Interns.
- Present the project to managers and invited executives.
- Learn to communicate and implement Company quality and standard operating procedures.
- Actively engage in all learning opportunities available.
- Attend all project team and technical review meetings at the district level.
- Learn and maintain good knowledge of oilfield chemistry.
- Learn basic operation of each piece of equipment on location.
Education & Experience:
- Currently enrolled and pursuing a 4-year Bachelor of Science degree in Petroleum Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related Engineering degree.
Competencies & Key Behaviors
- Promote and comply with all Company safety rules and company policies.
- Cooperates with others to accomplish goals, treats others with dignity and respect and value the contributions of others.
- Adapts to change and considers new approaches.
- Is personally committed to investigating new information, skills, perspectives and behaviors and actively works to improve performance.
- Generates innovative ideas, takes risks and learns from successes and failures.
- Demonstrates professionalism, integrity, ethical behavior and commitment to the values of the Company.
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment & Physical Demands:
- Field: This job operates mostly on the field with some occasional presence in the office. Incumbent may be required to work in a nine to twelve-hour shift following a 14/7 rotation. He/she must be flexible to work for extended, non-standard hours whenever there is a requirement. The job demands standing, walking for periods of 12 + hours per day and lifting up to 50 lbs.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- The Company is an equal opportunity employer and complies with all federal, state and local laws that prohibits discrimination in employment because of race, color, creed, national origin, age, sex, gender, religion, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, or any other classification protected by law.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.