The Skunk Works (Lockheed Martin Advanced Development Programs) is looking for world class talent in Systems Engineering to be a part of a team that will carry on our 75 year tradition making history in advanced aircraft development.
This position is for a summer intern with an interest in learning more about aircraft Avionics systems. The candidate will support a highly agile team responsible for the research and integration of mission systems software and hardware products.
The successful candidate must demonstrate effective communication skills as the position will require frequent internal interactions with project leads and other engineers in the group. This position will be involved in products at various stages of the system development lifecycle including requirements generation, system and software design, implementation, integration, and flight test.
The successful candidate will need to pass a security screening before being considered for an interview.
Must be a US Citizen. This position is located at a facility that requires special access and a security clearance.
- Pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Physics, Aviation Technology, or related technical discipline from an accredited university.
- Experience working in a laboratory.
- Experience using MatLab.
Must also demonstrate the following:
- Ability to build and maintain relationships, collaborate with others, engage in constructive conflict, and manage interpersonal dynamics
- Strong decision making and judgment
- Independent and self-motivated
- Oral and written communication skills
- Basic financial and business acumen
- Demonstrated experience using standard office software tools/solutions e.g., Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.