ERC provides governance, portfolio and programme management expertize, as well as administrative support to the regional change agenda, thereby ensuring seamless end to end delivery, prioritised execution against detailed requirements and the efficient use of our resources. ERC activities also directly support our regulatory communications strategy through a UK and Ireland Regulatory Affairs function.
- Coordination and management of the Regional Change Portfolio, inclusive of budgeting and resourcing.
- Consolidated reporting and communications.
- Programme initiation and set up.
- Change delivery across the Corporate portfolios (Strategic Growth and Change, Sustain/Support Current Business Model and Regulatory Control).
- Remediation and fix of failing programmes.
- Provision of an ERC Regulatory Affairs function supporting regulatory communications.
Background to Role:
Consults with stakeholders of all levels of the organisation to analyze, define, and prioritize business requirements and functional and operational specifications for a functional work stream. Formulates and defines program scope and objectives for the work stream with thorough understanding of business processes in a specific business domain. Represents the business to all areas in resolving issues and developing both business and technology solutions. May lead staff on specific projects.
Business Analyst Duties:
- Elicits, challenges, and prioritizes business requirements; translates into functional design and use case models.
- Develops project scope and identifies objectives, constraints, issues, risks and assumptions for large programmes, and escalates as necessary.
- Is accountable for overall delivery of assigned functional workstream on a large-scale programme. Aligns resources, seeks input from key constituents, and manages others to achieve desired results.
- Provides guidance on development of the functional requirements and user documentation.
- Assists in developing implementation/conversion strategy and implementation plan. Manages scope and change throughout the initiative utilizing formal change control and requirements traceability.
- Gathers and analyzes information and develops recommendations to address major business objectives that span multiple, global business and technology areas. Information gathering may require the ability to handle and analyze large scale data across multiple systems and products.
- Develops process and workflow maps as necessary, recommending enhancements needed to procedures and controls. Works with business and technology teams to develop technology roadmap strategy when appropriate.
- Ensure deliverables are completed on time, within budget and with minimum defects.
- Adhere to methodologies adopted by the Firm and ensures a smooth transition of product knowledge to all relevant parties in business as usual including business partners for approval.
- Conduct status meetings and facilitate issue resolution and risk mitigation. Provide Programme level reporting to senior staff.
- Coordinate and manage scoping of assigned data fields to inform effective business decision making; leading the business and operations teams to remediate gaps in identified data fields. This will include scheduling, preparing and running workshops as needed. Recording actions, decisions and assumptions, and inputting data into the programme traceability tool.
- Provides technical consultation concerning business implications of complex application development projects. Supports testing of new or enhanced applications and/or systems and provides guidance to junior team members on complex testing tasks including case development, requirement traceability analysis, test preparation, script writing, and functional test execution.
- Uses deep expertise and broad knowledge of regulatory and legal requirements, and BNY Mellon corporate policies involving risk and control, to support the development of improved business processes.
- May lead a small team on moderately complex projects.
- Bachelor's degree in business or technical-related discipline, or equivalent work experience required.
- Formal project management qualification; six sigma and experience in Agile methodologies is advantageous
- Good knowledge of custody, operations, technology change and related business activities.
- A depth of experience in data management and reporting; process and workflow mapping; writing and managing business requirements and functional specifications.
- Knowledge and experience of working within the regulatory environment, and how that impacts (BNY Mellon) Business areas
- Strong judgment and leadership skills combined with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong planning and project organization skills.
- Strong negotiation, decision making, problem solving and influencing skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and multi-task in a high pressure, high volume environment.
- Ability to run both small and large scale workshops and working groups with varying levels of stakeholder seniority.
- Ability to analyse medium to large scale data and information across multiple sources.
- 8-10 years of experience in managing senior stakeholders
- First class communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Literacy in the following software packages: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel (high level of skill essential), Visio, Project (latter not essential) , Access (advantageous, not essential)
- Flexibility in terms of both working hours and work undertaken will be required.