PPD is a leading global contract research organization. At PPD we are passionate, deliberate, and driven by our purpose - to improve health!
PPD Laboratories offers the most comprehensive set of laboratory services available in the industry. Our scientists work together to accelerate pharmaceutical development for small molecules, biologics, and vaccines -allowing our clients to make faster decisions about their compounds.
As an Associate Research Scientist you are committed to excellence and high quality results in your complex laboratory analysis of key pharmaceutical products. Beyond the bench, you work as a project leader with a strong sense of urgency aligned to our customers, and you are committed to delivering results.
- Independently performs analytical testing, method optimization/validation, and/or other specialty technologies studies OR method transfers for pharmaceutical and biopharmaceutical compounds in a variety of formulations and/or delivery systems. Understands and conforms to methods,and protocols applicable to assigned tasks.
- Designs and executes experiments independently
- Reviews and critiques study protocols, project status reports, final study reports and other porject-related technical documents
- Prepares and reviews study protocols, project status reports, final study reports and other project-related technical documents
- Communicates data and technical issues to clients as needed
- Leads analytical (procedural and instrumental) trouble shooting sessions
PPD offers continued career advancement as a Scientist, as well as management and specialized opportunities in other departments within PPD.
At PPD we hire the best, develop ourselves and each other, and recognize the power of being one team. It's not just talk, our award-winning training programs speak for themselves.
To learn how PPD can advance your career, apply now!
What To Expect Next
We are looking forward to receiving your application. A member of our talent acquisition team will review your application and if interested, you will be contacted for an interview.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent and relevant formal academic / vocational qualification
- Previous experience that provides the knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the job (comparable 5 years) or equivalent combination of education, training, & experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of GMP Microbiology testing and requirements
- Knowledge and use and maintenance of cleanrooms and barrier isolator systems
- Ability to independently perform root cause analysis for method investigations
- Proficiency on technical operating systems
- Proven problem solving and troubleshooting abilities
- Proven ability in technical writing skills
- Time management and project management skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in a collaborative work environment with a team
- Ability to train junior staff
PPD values the health and wellbeing of our employees. We support and encourage individuals to create a healthy and balanced environment where they can thrive. Below is listed the working environment/requirements for this role:
- Able to communicate, receive, and understand information and ideas with diverse groups of people in a comprehensible and reasonable manner
- Able to work upright and stationary and/or standing for typical working hours
- Able to lift and move objects up to 25 pounds
- Able to work in non-traditional work environments
- Able to use and learn standard office equipment and technology with proficiency
- May have exposure to potentially hazardous elements typically found in healthcare or laboratory environments
- Able to perform successfully under pressure while prioritizing and handling multiple projects or activities